Something new has arrived for Prepared Simply! Now that my business is becoming more focused on helping women with digestion and skin conditions, I decided to partner with Beautycounter, a safer skincare company, so that I can offer even more help. It’s true I work with clients to create health from the inside-out (nutrition, sleep, etc), but personal care products are also a big part of that. After all, what you put on your skin can get absorbed into the bloodstream in as fast as 26 seconds!
You might not be familiar with Beautycounter yet…unless you remember when Target did a promo last year with a bunch of the Beautycounter best sellers?!
They create safer personal care products, including everything from skincare to makeup, and they’re always working on new products.
My Experience With Beautycounter
Throughout my struggle with a chronic skin condition, called melasma (which you can read about here), hormonal imbalance, and digestive issues, I learned about how important it is to use cleaner, safer cosmetics. Over time, I eventually switched out all my personal care products to either all-natural products or DIY skincare, like the oil-cleansing method that I used to clean my face. In addition to that, I discovered Beautycounter.
I started using Beautycounter products about 2 years ago and I truly love what they’ve done to help my skin. At first, I was just using a product here or there (sunscreen stick, charcoal bar, dew skin tinted moisturizer, etc), but more recently I decided to get serious about my skin care and I ordered the whole Rejuvenating line. Hello anti-aging! 🙂
Why I Joined The Beautycounter Team
• The cosmetics industry in the U.S. has VERY little regulation
• 1938 is the last year the U.S. passed a law regulating personal care products. Crazy, right?! It’s 2017 people! Obviously, those laws are dated + insufficient.
• Europe has banned over 1,500 harmful ingredients from being used in personal care products.
• The U.S. has only banned 30 of those harmful ingredients.
• Beautycounter set a new standard by creating products that eliminate a long list of potentially harmful ingredients, including ALL the ones banned in Europe. They call this The Never List. So, you can trust that every single Beautycounter product is created using The Never List standards.
• Their products get a green rating on EWG’s Skindeep app. Two products get a rating of 3 but that’s still very low in my opinion. Every other product gets a 0-2 rating.
• They’re not just creating safer products, but they’re working to make changes on a legislative level so that ALL brands will have to adhere to the same strict standards.
• They create safer products, but they also create high-performance products that are comparable to the high-end brands you’re used to!
It’s easy to find high-performance makeup and skincare, but what’s actually in those products?
And there are plenty of ultra-crunchy, all-natural brands, but they don’t always perform well.
Beautycounter does both. In other words, it’s safer and it works!
The U.S. has only banned 30 harmful ingredients! Like I said, virtually unregulated. Did you know that over 95% of popular lipsticks contain lead? And that’s just lipstick alone. What about the ingredients in all those other cosmetics?!
Some of these ingredients are even linked to hormonal imbalances, infertility, and even cancer. What you put ON your body, is just as important as what you put in your body.
And I’m not just talking about makeup. I’m talking about all the personal care products you use, on a daily basis, for yourself and your family. I don’t know about you guys, but I can count 10 products I use before I even leave the house in the morning.
I wanted to get real-life experience using the products before I recommended them to others, and at this point, it’s safe to say, I’m hooked and I feel confident in recommending it to others!
I love this company. I love what it’s done for my skin and for my client’s skin. I’m so grateful for a safer alternative!
Every single day you get the chance to vote with your dollar. Wouldn’t you much rather spend your money on safer products, from companies that have yours and your family’s health in mind?
You can subscribe to my safer skin care email list here, to get updates about new products, specials, and gifts that I only offer to those on my email list!
Shoot me an email anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell me about your skin so I can help find solutions that might be right for you.