A little about me…
I’m an east coast holistic nutritionist, wannabe photographer, serial entrepreneur, and Bravo junkie. Obsessions include: dogs, comfy clothes, being cozy, healthy food, and spending time on the water.
Most days you’ll find me daydreaming about Hawaii, working on my business, and either playing with the dogs, cooking up a delicious meal, or just enjoying the outdoors.
- My happy place…the coast of North Carolina.
- If I could only eat one food for the rest of my life it would be: pizza
- Uniform of choice: yoga pants, tank top, hoodie, and flip-flops
- Deathly afraid of: elevators
- Most likely to be found binge-watching: The Golden Girls
- Bucket list travel destination: Hungary, where my Dad was born
- Values: freedom, choice, and authenticity
- Personality: INFJ, Rebel Tendency
Seven years ago I had a major health crash after going through an extremely stressful time. I found myself suddenly dealing with a multitude of issues including chronic migraines, severe melasma, eczema, anxiety, and an autoimmune disease, called Raynauds Syndrome. I felt terrible more often than I felt good and my hyperpigmentation got so severe that I hated even going out in public.
- I rarely get headaches
- my gut-wrenching menstrual cramps are non-existent
- anxiety is less severe
- no more eczema
- and melasma is almost gone
In other words, life is very, very different!
How did I do it?
I knew there must be a reason why I was suddenly dealing with so many issues. So, without a lot of faith, I started digging for answers. I read books and blogposts. I listened to countless podcasts and audio books. It led me into the world of holistic nutrition and I’ve never looked back. For the first time, I felt like I was finding real answers!
My wellness journey started when I chose to be empowered in my own health. I decided that masking the symptoms with medication and creams was not the path to true healing. I wanted to get to the root cause so that I could truly heal.
I also worked closely with a naturopathic doctor and attended the Nutritional Therapy Association to get certified as a Nutritional Therapy Consultant.
Little by little, I started changing what I eat, how I move, and how I deal with stress, and eventually I started to see real change happening in my body. I’d set out to heal my melasma, but I ended up healing so much more than just my skin!
My passion now is to help other women use real-food nutrition and a healthy mindset to heal their health issues. Have you ever had days when you think to yourself, ‘maybe this is just the way it is’? or ‘maybe this is just the way it will always be for me’?
I promise you it doesn’t have to be! I’ve been there before too.
Nutrition should not be stressful. I learned the hard way that it honestly doesn’t pay to be dogmatic with your food choices! So now, I help women create a long-term, sustainable lifestyle…not a diet that needs to be 100% perfect or complicated.
My wellness style? Is perfectly-imperfect. I don’t believe that true health comes from being perfect. The truth is, I believe that most women reach their wellness goals faster by letting themselves have that treat or indulgence at times….and more importantly, have a mindset that doesn’t stress out about it!
I’m currently accepting 1:1 clients!
*spots are limited
- Have chronic skin issues like acne, rosacea, melasma, or eczema
- Dream of going to the beach or pool without covering up with foundation, concealer, and a hat
- Are sick + tired of dealing with stomach bloat, constipation, diarrhea, or heartburn
- Want to create a healthier lifestyle but just aren’t sure where to start
- Have tried every everything but nothing has worked
- Are open + committed to creating new habits around food and lifestyle
If any of those sound like you, then you’re in the right place. I’ve been there and things can get better!